The Supremely Unjust Roe Leak upended what I hoped would be a well-organized, non-chaotic rollout. That... did not turn out.
Now I'm hanging a sign behind my own designs. It will be a slimmer inventory than what I used to offer; I could no longer handle managing hundreds of designs, and my personal life went sideways with family and health problems. There aren't enough hours in the day to both Fight The Power and keep one's head above water, so this will be my compromise.
Hopes & Goals:
- That my designs still ring true and that the crystalline seeds of rebellion of 1.0 lives on in 2.0.
- That the products are more environmentally benign (to the extent they can be without me also personally sourcing virgin-blessed organic goat wool).
- That I can keep the prices low, despite inflation. I've trimmed the margins as close as I can without actually losing my shirt--ha ha--on everything, and included shipping. (If something still has paid shipping, it's a mistake--like I said: this is a rushed introduction. I thought I had until June!)
- That--if Feisty Army comes to anything--I can once again start donating substantially to the causes that we donated to during the five years of 1.0, especially reproductive justice causes.
- I'm trying desperately to avoid Meta/Facebook/Instagram because they are the synthesis of a decade of disinformation, propaganda, anti-democratic messaging, and radicalization internationally. As such, please share Feisty Army by other means. I know this is a huge ask: but change only comes if the agencies who grind us down no long have the means to affect us.
- I'm not a natural self-promoter or salesperson. I AM a natural activist and have a crafty impish streak to rankle those who seek to oppress. I'm pretty successful on that front.
- I have an uncanny ability to translate fascism, usually with much swearing. I wrote much of the copy and deep-dives on our old IG, and my brain aggregates news with a fanatical intensity. My health has taken a severe hit as a result, but I also can't seem to moderate myself. My loss is your gain? Now I write mostly on the Twits behind [at] FeistyArmy; same mood, fewer pictures, lots and lots of swearing.
I'm trying to avoid Meta/Facebook/Instagram because they are the synthesis of a decade of disinformation, propaganda, anti-democratic messaging, and radicalization internationally. As such, please share Feisty Army by any means, but I'm not on there as of now.
I was one of two the founders/owners/mistresses of the Shoppe Formerly Known As Rev Art, so some designs may be familiar to you. I was the quiet one behind the scenes: I did the web management, most of the designs, the bookkeeping. It was collaborative, but you may not be able to discern my contributions since my partner was the one who reached out to develop relationships.
Hi. Nice to meet you.
About Feisty Cat, the calico leader of the Feisty Army:
We all knew that the rebellion would be led by females.